Skip to main content

Still more to come...

 
Last session in the full speed spectrum program was a bit of a disappointment if I'm being honest, as I was pretty far from my best and should have completed it the following day, rather than after a round of golf. However, what it does prove, in my opinion, is that even when I'm not 'on it' I'm still considerably faster than I used to be and that results in me being able to get it out there that bit further.

As you can see in the program summary, my peak eSpeed was set in session 23 at 109mph with a distance potential of 303 yards achieved, whilst my quickest swing also came during that set, with a 110mph and 307 yard potential.

A few days later I completed the progress check and once again I wasn't at full tilt but still close to my potential with a 96mph Stack / 105mph eSpeed which equates to 292mph. A couple of things worth noting are that I completed the driver swing during that session with the mini driver, not my actual driver, so there's going to be a small discrepancy between the 101mph I achieved and the equation used to get the eSpeed numbers. Secondly, the 195g set at 96mph on the stack / 105mph eSpeed was a full swing set, not the max swing speed that my best swings have been recorded at, proving that there's a difference between an on course, full swing and an out of your boots, max swing.

Overlaying the results from the two programs (foundation and full speed spectrum) we can see that I've gained 21mph and 62 yards in distance potential, once again proving that for a cost versus performance ratio the Stack is far superior to buying equipment, such as a new driver.

As we start to get into the opening phase of the season I think it's important that I now ease off the gas for a short period, especially as I have a few things coming up, including a trip away and the Trilby Tour to compete in. I also have a niggling ankle injury so I'm being more selective about my exercise and playing program at the moment.

As such, even though the app has suggested another round with the full speed spectrum program I think I'm going to use the 'flex' program option for the next few weeks so I can choose when I train amongst my other commitments and then I'll dive back into a FSS program thereafter

110mph is now in reach though, so let's keep pushing! #LGLG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging in there...

  Not quite up there with the big ole 97mph that I recorded a few sessions ago but I'm still hanging on in there with the 195g with a 95mph average which equates to 290 yard distance potential. However, once again, perhaps it's not all about that driver equivalent number, rather it's about improving on the other weights too, which is precisely what I did in session 15. There was also a couple of other things to consider for this session too, as I started the day with a migraine, which is never good and when I got to the course, the bay I use was sopping wet, as we've had a lot of rain over the last few days. Anyway, I had my grippier wet weather shoes on so I tried to act like it wasn't going to bother me. Over to the records for the session and the first came with the 65g with the step movement and it was a huge gain on the previous best, which I set in session 12, with a 7mph improvement from 101mph to 107mph. The average has also jumped significantly, with a set

Slow, slow, fast

  We've got two sessions to digest in this post, with my busy life schedule having impeded my progress a little in the early stages of May. Session 21 was the first in a new phase of the full speed spectrum program and I always find that first session puts me a little out of kilter, as you become so used to the routine in each phase. Nonetheless I did post a new record of 98mph on the 135g weight, although that really would be the highlight of that session, with my speed on the 195g pretty sub-par compared to where I had been. In reality I should have listened to my body and moonwalked right out of the session but I ploughed on regardless, which I hope isn't to the detriment of my improvement long term (it won't be). However, it did crystallise my thoughts on rest, which I heeded with session 22, as I waited until I felt like my back and ankle were in a better place. Six days on from session 21 and I was still feeling a little sore to be honest and my back issues had also l